Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two Great Blogs

I have followed two blogs for a long time: Penelope Trunk’s Brazen Careerist and Steve Pavlina’s Personal Development for Smart People Blog. I love Penelope’s blog because it gives very un-traditional, no-nonsense career advice. For example, her latest blog post is about How to Lead in the New Millenium and gives great advice about authenticity and how to become a leader. Sometimes she’s a little too candid though, especially about intimacy issues and her divorce. You’ve got to feel a little sorry for her ex-husband and kids although it makes for great reading.

I started following Steve in 2005 when I ran across him in a Google search. I was searching for ways to become an early riser, since I read that all successful people are most productive in the early morning. Now that I’m a Mom, I don’t have as much of a problem! Steve is a great writer though and he gives very real, tangible methods and advice to becoming a better person every day. I haven’t kept up with him in the last few weeks though and was shocked to read his latest post that he and his wife decided to have an open marriage. The term “open marriage” seems like a big contradiction. Why not just get a divorce? I mean, my husband was mad at me for looking up my ex on FaceBook! As high school sweethearts, we are celebrating our five year wedding anniversary this June and have known each other for 12 years.

So although I don’t relate as much to Steve and Penelope with relationships, their professional development advice is well worth the read and time investment.

No comments: