Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AiMA Meeting


This morning I attended the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association (AiMA) meeting at the headquarters of Cox Enterprises. I feel very privileged that my job allows me to attend various industry events all over Atlanta. This was my first time at an AIMA meeting and I was excited about it since personally I am interested in social media and professionally, I believe it has and will continue to become an integral tool for my company, dynami group.
I have mentioned this previously, but as a professional in the meetings industry, I am pretty critical and pay very close attention to the details and logistics of meetings I attend. I had registered for the event in advance and even received a confirmation email; however, when I went up to the reg desk they didn't have any record of my name and I was directed to a long line with people who were registering on site. In line, I did meet a very nice woman from Cox Radio who also lives in Brookhaven. I also met two nice guys, Chris and Jason, from a video production and graphic design company called NoodleHead Studios. I had a nice chat with Jason, who is on AiMA's board, and I am always appreciative and impressed when board members mingle with attendees. Overall, the content of the meeting was interesting and I look forward to future educational meetings. Sorry the picture is so dark...user error.

No comments: