Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GaMPI Monthly Program

This afternoon I attended the monthly GaMPI (Meeting Professionals International, Georgia Chapter) meeting at the Buckhead Hotel. I was especially interested in hearing the speaker since the topic was about Work/Life Balance. I need a lot of tips on this as I have a 6-month old and a new job! Really though, I am so blessed and lucky as I have a great work/life balance since my boss and I came to a very mutually beneficial arrangement that I work about 25-30 hours per week. Andy Masters was the speaker and he was very energetic and told entertaining stories. 3 interesting items that came up randomly during his presentation:

1)The average person spends 23 hours watching television per week - WOW. I actually think my husband is one of those people. He loves television and swears that he never gets sick of it and never will.


2) This slide is awesome:


and


3) We did a fun exercise where we had to fill out items we wanted to START, DO MORE, DO LESS, and STOP doing. Here's a photo of my list.

Overall, great GaMPI program as always.

No comments: