Thursday, August 6, 2009

Re:FOCUS on Careers and Daniel Silva Book Tour


The past week I attended two great, but very different, events. The first was the Daniel Silva book signing at the Barnes and Nobles in Buckhead. There were a lot of fans there and the discussion was great. I am interested in Daniel but have never read his books before, which I hope to do soon. You could tell by the Q&A and lively interaction that his fans are very loyal though, which is great.


The second event I attended was with Re:Focus on Careers. There were over 95 professionals in a packed room listening to expert storyteller Mike Wittenstein share tips and advice on how to brand yourself and to literally, tell our own story. Then for the first time I participated in speed networking. Whew - I have A LOT of follow up to do now! As I have learned, working the room is only half the battle. The majority of what networking is all about is the follow up.

No comments: