Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Compliment Guys Making a Stop in Atlanta

Just reading this AJC article made me happier. Two Purdue University students have become famous for giving out compliments. Yes, you heard me right.

They used to stand outside one of their buildings on campus and just say nice things to fellow students going to class. Kodak now sponsors them and they are traveling on a 10-city tour, encouraging people to look on the bright side of life. Recently they were in Centennial Olympic Park calling out compliments and high-fiving people walking by. I have had a lot on my mind in general trying to acclimate to being a working mom and family/life balance. If I saw these guys I probably would’ve walked the long way around the park to avoid them and most likely would’ve thrown a dirty look their way.

I think what these guys are doing is very cool. I can definitely use a little more positivty in my life and sure many others could too. I wonder if we can hire them for our clients’ conferences and meetings? I think they’d definitely generate buzz!

No comments: