Thursday, June 4, 2009

Teambuilding Idea: Volunteer at the ACFB (Atlanta Community Food Bank)

My husband's company, Marcus and Millichap, had a volunteer night at the Atlanta Community Food Bank (ACFB) on Tuesday night. There were 30 of us and we had a great time working in the Product Rescue Center inspecting, sorting, and packing food items for the more than 800 partner nonprofit organizations the ACFB serves.
It's very interesting the items people donate - I myself came across 2 rubber chickens, Christmas lights, and every single canned vegetable under the sun. Of course, all items of good quality are welcome and in these days, donations are needed more than ever. All the guys wanted to drive the forklift but thank goodness nobody let them!

This is a great teambuilding idea for any company, and I hope that M&M does it again soon. This is a picture of the happy group (I'm in the pink up front).

No comments: